Takara Linkshell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm out for at least 2 weeks.

4 posters

Go down

I'm out for at least 2 weeks. Empty I'm out for at least 2 weeks.

Post  Farore Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 am

So I came home yesterday and found that my account had been logged in from somewhere else... I just formatted last weekend, reinstalled norton 08, updated windows, etc... Did everything first before I reinstalled FFXI.... Stupid me, though, I saved my PW to my comp when I did reinstall.

So I'm rather sure some fishing keylogger from an xiclopedia or xiatlas page got my info, then logged me in and sent my gil and big ticket items to some waiting RMT mule. On the bright side, however, I had an extra set of reg keys for FFXI, so I made a character quickly, and logged in on a new POL ID, called a GM, and they immediately locked my other account. The bad news, I was out for 3 hours while this happened, so I'm honestly not sure how long it was since i'd been logged out.

An unauthorized use investigation was submitted for the STF to deal with last night. They should start work on it on Monday. It generally takes a week to do, and until then, I'm not allowed to log into Farore (LM-17'ed for 7 days). When then week's over, if the report comes back stating that I was logged on without authorization (how can it not be, my PW was my Social Sec. #, I'm the only one on this planet who knows it, and I was logged out by someone, from somewhere else, and then had my PW changed), it'll be one more week after that in order to do a data recovery, and get all my gil and items back.

In the meantime, I asked my LS if they had any accounts that they 2box at camps, etc, and I was given one for two weeks. The only bad part, it's rank 5, ToAU 1, WotG 1, 64 RDM with no whm or blm sub, 600 gil, and no items really.... So I've got some work to do in WoTG to quest my recall scrolls, etc so that I can make some gil, then buy a little gear to level this joke of a mule with.

Until I can also get some help with ToAU missions, I can't even come help salvage. While I'm hoping to be back asap, I'd rather have to wait the 2 weeks if it means I can get my gear back. While I've only shown my mnk and brd really at salvage, my war and whm were well equipped, as well... and had a lot of things I worked incredibly hard for over the past few years... I'd hate to lose it.

If you want to get a hold of me in-game, my temp character's name is Goddhand... 64rdm/smn.
Farore
Farore
Zasshal's Lackey

Back to top Go down

I'm out for at least 2 weeks. Empty Re: I'm out for at least 2 weeks.

Post  Jhedin Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:55 am

Good luck with the investigation; hopefully you didn't lose anything or, at least, they can restore what you lost. I don't think the wiki has been subject to malware, but I know the atlas has been before, so that might have been it. Unless I'm mistaken, the wiki actually seems to be one of the safer FFXI sites. But yeah - I hope everything works out and we'll see ya when you're back. I've heard that even if you lose stuff, they're pretty good about restoral and whatnot.
Jhedin
Jhedin
Wielder of the Apocalypse

http://salvage.rpgwars.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Merton Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:59 am

Ouch man, that sucks. Hopefully you can get that sorted in a timely fashion.

Merton
Zasshal's Lackey

Back to top Go down

Post  Farore Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:22 pm

If I can get this character an appropriate whm sub, and get ToAUs done in the next few days, I'll still be able to help with salvage Smile
Farore
Farore
Zasshal's Lackey

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringoko Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:15 am

A bit of sage advice, DON'T use your Soc# as a password for ANYTHING. Bad, bad, bad idea.

Ringoko
Zasshal's Lackey

Back to top Go down

Post  Farore Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:32 am

Ringoko wrote:A bit of sage advice, DON'T use your Soc# as a password for ANYTHING. Bad, bad, bad idea.

If I didn't have such great service with Lifelock, I'd definitely never use my SSN as a pw Smile

That's the only thing that used it, though.. and it won't after this.
Farore
Farore
Zasshal's Lackey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum